This trip back to Missouri had it's highs but ended on a low. First with the high's we had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa we went to a park and enjoyed the 70 plus weather. Then came back had some lunch and put Z-man down for a nap. While he was napping I went shopping for baby shower gifts. Came back after shopping watched a movie with McCayla and Grandma and then went over to Susan's to play and have dinner. That was a fun time. The kids loved Sean's wagon and the bubbles too. After dinner we went back to G-ma's and G-pa's house and the kids slept soundly they were worn out!
Sunday morning we woke up and as I was packing my bags I get a phone call from my Mom (who I dropped off at my sisters house on Friday) and hear terror in her voice. She proceeds to inform me that there was a shooting at my sisters church (First Baptist church of Maryville, IL) Luckily they were running late so they were not envolved in it. With this information I relax a bit and head to Matt & Jenn's Baby shower. Enjoyed the wonderful food fun and friends!!! They looked like they received quite a bit of good stuff for Baby Allison. Excited about her arrival!!!!
Around 1 I left and called my sister to let her know I was on my way over to pick up mom and this is when I find out who was shot.
Pastor Fred will be missed greatly! He was the same person that Baptized my sister, brother, and myself he also preformed my sister's wedding ceremony. He turned a 30 +/- attendance church into what it is now 1200 +/- attendance! He was a great guy. I didn't know him as well as my sister and brother in law did. So I'm asking for your prayers to help guide the church, his family (2 daughters and wife) and my sister's family during the mourning process of this tragic act. Thanks!
March 9, 2009
Missouri Visit with a prayer request at the end!
From Bryan / Pamela at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 Thoughts:
I saw that article you posted on Facebook. We will be praying for the family and the church. What a crazy story. I'm glad you guys had a good trip and safe travel!
So very sad. We will be thinking of them all!
We had fun while you were here. :) Put up that cute pic of you and the kids. :)
That is a very sad thing that happened. Good thing your family had not arrived yet.
The families and church will be in everyone's prayers,
Glad to hear you had a good time here.
Yeah, we even saw it on the national news yesterday... So sad, but we're glad your sister's family wasn't there...
Post a Comment