Well this weekend went by way to fast. We had a wonderful visit from Grandma & Grandpa S as well as Aunt Laura!! Thank you guys for coming for the visit, we all had a wonderful time. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures I'm so bad. However, we celebrated a late christmas with Aunt Laura, which all the gifts were a huge success. I'll have pictures of the kids playing with the new toys soon. The weather wasn't the greatest but we managed. This week has gone by very uneventful. However, McCayla is doing awesome with her blood sugar testing as well as insulin shots. Today she didn't cry nor put up a big fight (her normal attitude towards her finger prick is kick and scream (okay not that bad) but she puts up a little fight about it) but this morning it was done in less then 2 minutes!!!!! Yeah. I'm so so proud of her. The insulin is getting much easier too. It's just a matter of getting things set up and then taking her arm and poking her. ( I think I needed that extra time it took her to prepare myself. But we are both getting better at it. She , for some reason, likes to watch while i dispense the insulin. There have been times where she yells at me for having it stay in longer then the original time due to the fact that the insulin instructions say to leave it in for 6 seconds after you push the plunger in all the way to make sure all the insulin is pushed in. However, we haven't really done this because although 6 seconds doesn't really seem like a long time, it is when you are holding a needle in the tiny arm of your child. But like I said we are doing an amazing job of doing this and manageing through it. I'm really excited about the weekend in 2 weeks. B & I will be going to Dallas (for my work) but we won't have to work that hard. We fly out on Friday (B's mom will be coming and watching the kids, THANKS A BUNCH MOM!!!!) and arrive back on Monday. But I'll be in nice warm weather (I'm hoping actually I'm not sure what it's going to be like since this spring has been crazy). But that's it for now.
April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 Thoughts:
I'm so happy to hear that McCayla's doing well. And I think you're fine changing the 6 sec to 1 or 2... As long as nothing is squirting out!! Is it a sub-cu or IM injection?
Glad to hear that things are looking up and McCayla is getting better at doing it herself.
Post a Comment