October 9, 2007

MORE home owner ship issues

Well over the weekend we experienced more havic from our house of only 2 years. You would actually think that we bought a money pit with all the issues we have had with this NEW house.

Ok so everything was going great the wall (from the water leak) has been fixed as well as the ceiling and the carpet has been attempted to be cleaned but wasn't cleanable so they are going to replace it with the extra they gave us at closing. So that issue is being resolved.

But now a new one has come up!!!! AGH!!!!!! So here goes over the weekend B wanted to make pancakes for breakfast on Saturday. He started using the griddle he pluged it in and it warmed up just fine, (I know your saying that has nothing to do with the house, but wait it gets better) So the griddle is warmed up and he puts the pancake mix on and waits he checks them, not done, then waits some more after about 20 minutes of waiting the pancakes haven't started to get that golden brown you would expect from IHOP. So he goes to the fridge the light doesn't turn on; okay the bulb is burnt out, nope the freezer light isn't on either so we think maybe a breaker popped nope all breakers are working just fine so we check another outlet dead too. Come to find out 6 of the 10 we have in the kitchen aren't working, Including the outlet for the fridge. We have a GFCI outlet on the wall B pushes the test button it pops (like normal) but when he hit the reset button it doesn't reset or work. So We had to figure out the breaker for that side of the Kitchen and shut it off. My dad came up with his tools and looked at it he figured out that it was the GFCI outlet (okay no big deal replace it) but he went out to the breaker box and lo and behold he finds 3 things not right or up to "CODE" with it first there are wire nuts in the box as well as improper wiring on our AC unit is faulty as well. After finding out that the outlets were bad we ended up having to use and extension cord so our refridgerator works.

So Monday Morning I get on the phone and call the county electrical inspector and start talking to him about our situation he sayes he would like to take a look at it and he will come out when it's convenient for us. Which B was supposed to call about this morning at 8:30 (I hope he didn't forget). So that is the major issue with our house for this month (i hope)

But on to better news..... I leave for Reno, NV tomorrow YEAH I'm so excited about it. It's for work so I don't think I'll get to "play" to much. Grandma S is coming to help Bryan out with the kids and dogs while I'm away. THANK YOU!!! but that's about it for now.

4 Thoughts:

Jen said...

I'm sorry to hear about that, but it seems like you've got it under control... Maybe not worth painting if you think you might be moving on soon! Matt's on painting strike (after painting 4 rooms) so anything else that needs to be done is all on me! I think we've redone almost the entire house- except the office and the bathrooms (which will still get painted eventually).

Lynn and Mike said...

Wow...good luck, guys! I wish there was something we could do to help!

SJT said...

I hope that its all resolved now! So not fun!

Ryan and Kim said...

houses sure can be a pain! i hope you get it all fixed up. have fun in nv!