August 20, 2007

The wonderful Joys of HOME ownership

For those of you who have just purchased your first home. Let me tell you. It is the most wonderful thing that could happen to you until.........


Just a little insight on what has happened to us today. We have enjoyed a rain storm (much needed from a dry summer and Spring). But her you go.....

Bryan calls me on my way home from work with "We have a problem!" I asked what it was and he proceeds to tell me that we have a leak in our house and that the wall's paint is bubbling up where the leak is. See picture.
From ceiling to half way down the wall (7 1/2' wall mind you) is this wonderful tornado type looking paint bubble. This is in our game room on an outside wall. We had a puddle of water on the carpet under it. The base board was damaged as well.
The carpet is ruined in spots that we had a cabinet as well as a wooden end table.
These are the marks from the cabinet (the line) and the round spot is from the leg of the end table. Here is what the cabinet looks like now. Luckily the boxes that were in that corner as seen in back ground were not damaged. We aren't sure what the cause of it is, due to the fact that the outside of the house has all the siding on it, as well as (from what we can tell) all the shingles too. And it's not like this was the first time we have had a huge rain storm since the house was built. So needless to say we have called the construction company as well as our insurance company on it. So we will see what comes next. When it rains it pours (inside the house, according to Bryan)

2 Thoughts:

SJT said...

You know what I'm going to say... get out of that crazy house and move here! (sorry I couldn't resist) :) Love you all!

Jen said...

Okay, I'm really getting nervous. You know things always happen in threes... However, we did already have a fridge short out and our air conditioning isn't working... Oh yeah, I almost forgot the best one... When you turn on the microwave the outlet shorts out. I think we bought the money pit.