August 20, 2007

Back to the work week

Well this weekend flew by quickly!! We arrived at Grandpa & Grandma S's house around 11:30 - midnight after getting stuck in Illinois right after the Alton exit ramp. We sat in a construction traffic jam for an hour and we only had to go about 3.5 miles (we measured it on the way home) So that was the first excitement of the night (luckily the kids slept through the whole thing YEAH!!! We proceeded to "move" in and get ready for bed so we could wake up bright and early the next day to head over to our friends house / apartment to help them move into their NEW house. Which is a lovely and quaint little house (Perfect for the two of them) I wish I had some pictures but I was helping load and unload the trucks with bed, boxes and such. (Sorry I'm a work horse). Jen however yelled at me a couple of times because I would end up picking up one side of a table or some thing and she was worried that I would hurt myself. I've moved way to many times to not be able to do that. I am sore but it's not my back nor my arms but my legs. Man Who needs the stair master at a gym when you could go and help a friend move going up and down stairs countless times. Thanks for the great work out guys!! ( I truely mean it too). Lets see after that we went and took showers and to just relax. Sunday we got to spend some quality time with B's parents and then loaded up the car and took off. Mikey called me when we got to Illinois saying that while talking to me earlier that morning he ended up missing the 70 split off of 55 in Illinois. So he had a major detail (he says very scenic) but he beat us home by like 2 hours or so. We did arrive home on Sunday early enough to allow Bryan to take a short nap and relax a bit before heading off to work. But I think I better get back to work and figure out what I'm going to have for lunch here. Laters,

1 Thoughts:

Jen said...

Thanks again for all the help... So, am I hearing correctly that you are really looking for a job in STL? I thought that you were just joking before!