July 17, 2007

Help with Problem Child

Well she has done it again. She lied to Bryan and I last night about a noise that Bryan heard in her room. He asked her what it was and she said she didn't know. So he asked her again and she claimed she didn't hear or know what he was talking about. Knowing that she was lying he took her fan away from her and she screamed that she would tell him if he didn't take her fan away. It was to late for confessions. She claims that it was her finger in the fan. I highly doubt it her finger is way to thick to fit in the protective casing. So I tried to inform her on how it's so important to NOT lie to us and how dangerous that it was to put fingers in fans especially when it's running. She said okay and I let her go to sleep.
Well this morning she lied to Bryan again this morning. He fell a sleep for 1/2 an hour until he woke up and found a kleenex on the couch with black marks all over it. He asked her what she was doing and she said nothing and then he asked again she then told him that she had gotten into my makeup and was playing with it. I was livid when he told me. I mean I don't wear makeup very often but I would like it available when I do wear it. So she is now pretty much grounded forever!!!! or at least until school starts. Or if someone buys her soon. Let her be there problem!!!
Of course I wouldn't sell her but it's one of those feelings you think about when you just can't get the innocent child back and the one that didn't lie to you or misbehave. Ever since she started school she has been this little tear at home. Of course when we are out with friends and family she doesn't act up but man once she steps foot into the house she turns into the terror that she is.

Bryan refuses for her to stay home with him anymore. She just can't be left alone anymore. HELP!!!!!!

3 Thoughts:

SJT said...

Sorry to hear your having problems with McCayla. I'm sure that is totally not fun to deal with. School will be starting soon so she will not be at home so much to get into things.

Suzy O. said...

Innocent Child?? Man I must have missed that stage with Daniel. He hasn't been inocent since well I don't know maybe before he could move. :)
Sorry to hear of the troubles. Our children definitly demand a lot from us in training them up. Press on, a well trained child takes a lot of time and dedication but is indeed a blessing.

Ryan and Kim said...

maybe she figured out that while bryan is sleeping she can get away with more? kids at school were constantly lying - and they are not very good at it - so lucky for parents we can usally figure it out. hopefully going back to school soon will keep her busy.