Well lets see I started off the week with hopes for my grandma to recover and be ableto see her great grandchildren blossom into the beautiful kids they are. However on Thursday, May 21, 2009 my grandma gave up all hopes and took her last breath about 11:30 am. I received the phone call from my dad while I was at work, very heart breaking to get that type of phone call but they knew I would need to know right away. I was able to leave work early to go and be with my mom, dad and Uncle (my mom's oldest brother). The rest of the day was spent being there for them and me needing them as well.
On Thrusday also I had to make a phone call to McCayla's Endo Dr. (diabetes Dr.) to get a new dosage of insulin for her. Her numbers since April 21st have been over 300 constantly. So we received the ok to bump her insulin up and scheduled an appointment for her on Friday. At this appointment the Dr. said that with her body changing growing and when kids reach a certain age adjustments need to be done. So her insuling intake is now Lantus 9 units in the morning and 6 units in the evening. Lantus is the long lasting insulin that covers her throughout the day. Novalog 7 units after breakfast, 6 units after lunch and 6 units after dinner. Novalog is her insulin that is the fast acting one that helps her body adjust her meal intake. With this set and up and running her numbers have been much better and safer for her other organs.
On Saturday my parent's, uncle and brother came over to help with the electrical for our hot tub.
We also have received a new feature on our front porch as well. In my hanging flower pots that are empty for now cuz I haven't had the time to get the flowers to put in them is this........





4 Thoughts:
Sorry about your grandma again. Looks like you had a great weekend though.
Sorry to hear about your grandma. We're thinking of you.
I'm so sorry about your grandma. I know it's been rough for you guys lately. You're in our thoughts and please let us know if you need anything!
Sorry for your loss :( It sounds like you had some good news with the Dr and the company, and the HOT TUB!!
Post a Comment