Well we had our first real sticking snow on Sunday. Nothing like waking up to see snow on the ground UGH!, but it was pretty!.
I know it's been a while since I've updated my blog. I've been bad about it. Lets see since I updated oh so long ago. We made a trip back to Missouri (thanks to the cost of gas being low). We had a wonderful visit with Mom & Dad S, my Grandpa, The Beckett family as well as all the MO friends. Thank you for a wonderful dinner Saturday night Sam & Susan and the delicious breakfast and Wii experience on Sunday Lynn & Mike!!!!! You all are great friends. Oh yeah Susan I want a picture of all the rings and the hands too.
I worked just only on Monday & Tuesday of last week and enjoyed a 5 day mini vacation. It was wonderful. I started to clean and organize the house a little bit better then it has been. With Bryan sleeping and Zach taking his afternoon nap and McCayla off at school I was really able to get a lot done. It was very relaxing in a way. I know house work and cleaning isn't relaxing but it's oh so rewarding once you can look at what you have accomplished especially if you don't have those type of days everyday! I pretty much do a major cleaning of the house only when we have visitors and not even on those occasions. With working and being gone from home so much it's difficult to do this on the weekends. Since B doesn't want to do it and neither does McCayla so it's hard to get myself to do it on the weekends. Sorry off of track. So I started with the family room. I went to my favoritest store in the world (ya know the one within a mile of my house) and bought a storage cabinet for $39.00 this holds all the board games we have that were previously in the coat closet, Man I didn't realize that we had that many. Which is a good thing. I also decided to get a new book shelf too. This now holds the remotes for Bryan's Playstation as well as some of my pictures that were just sitting in storage and collecting dust. Then on sunday we went to walmart to exchange something and we stopped by the same department that I got the bookself & Cabinet and Bryan found a TV stand that he liked. So we got it for only $39.00 you couldn't beat it.
Before Picture
so after getting the big entertainment center out from the wall we vacuumed behind it and cleaned up real well put together the new entertainment center. Then we realized that the tube tv that we have couldn't fit on the TV the width of the stand is 15 -16 inches deep (we knew that it would be a tight fit). So we could have done 1 of 3 things. 1) Return the entertainment center, 2) store it until we get B's big screen TV, 3) go out and get a new TV. So from the picture below we choose #3 and I absolutely love the fact that it makes my family room look so much bigger!!!!
so after getting the big entertainment center out from the wall we vacuumed behind it and cleaned up real well put together the new entertainment center. Then we realized that the tube tv that we have couldn't fit on the TV the width of the stand is 15 -16 inches deep (we knew that it would be a tight fit). So we could have done 1 of 3 things. 1) Return the entertainment center, 2) store it until we get B's big screen TV, 3) go out and get a new TV. So from the picture below we choose #3 and I absolutely love the fact that it makes my family room look so much bigger!!!! 




3 Thoughts:
Always nice to re-situate the living space. Looks like our TV!
Somehow I missed that you updated a couple days ago. It's fun to get new things and organize. It does make you feel good.
I forgot to ask when you were here, when does the hot tub arrive?
I'll send you the ring pic soon.
Nice new set-up! If Susan sends you the ring pic, will you send it to me?!
Post a Comment