September 12, 2008

Scariest Experience Ever

Last night while sitting on my front porch talking to Jen on my phone, I witnessed the most frightening thing I have ever witnessed. But it could have been worse if things didn't work out the way they did.

First let me tell you a little about my neighbors. There are the 2 that own the house Lets call them John and Cindy (for identity sake) John works at night just like B does. John marred Cindy about a year after B and I were married. Cindy has 3 kids. Sarah, Kathy , & Seth. All who live in this house on a day to day basis. However the past 2 weeks they have had an additional 4 people staying with them. Not a big deal right. I'll put names down for these people as well to help with the story. Jill with her 3 kids; she is a friend of Sarah, Jills 3 kids will be named John, Mark (about 8 or 9) & Teresa. Ok now that everyone has the facts straight I'll tell you all about my experience.

Ok I was on the front porch talking to Jen. Sarah , her baby, Jill, Mark were all outside Cindy and Sarah were talking and Mark was playing around. Oh yeah this was after 8pm and dark outside. Mark jumped on his skateboard and was riding it around the driveway. Then he turns and heads towards the street.
Meanwhile, I hear car doors close and a car start up. Here comes that car racing down the street. Not slowing down or anything. While this car is racing down the street so is Mark on his skateboard. It feels like a complete dream and very surreal. Both Mark and the car partically hit the same spot in the road just milliseconds apart from eachother. Mark had to dive off his skateboard and out of the way of the car. The car comes to a sreetching stop about 20 yards away from where Mark was laying. Jill runs to her son screaming, Sara was also yelling, at the driver of the car asking them if they were going to get out of the car and other things were said but I just don't remember them. However, I do rememeber Jill saying that if the driver doesn't get out of the car then she will get the license plate. No sooner did she finish her sentence did the driver take off down the road. Jill daughter Teresa, took off after the car to try and get the license plate number. She never gets it (I'm not surprised since she is a little kid trying to catch a car that races through the neighborhood, Duh). But the only good thing about this story is that Mark came away from this frightened but with only a bruise and knot on his leg. I'm not sure if the injury is from the car actually hiting him or if it was from him hitting the ground. But when you can see the actual headlights reflecting off the kid like I saw it's extremely scary.
I don't like the sound of tires screetching anyway ddue to the fact of how many accident's I've been in. To witness this and make an official statement to the cops about it was all my nerves could handle that night.

When I say that I saw the actual headlights on the kid, imagine this: Turn your car on with the lights on at night stand right infront of your bumper then take about 20 steps back you can see the difference of the way light hits your legs and body. Well when your up to the bumper that is the light I saw on this kid.

I hang up the

3 Thoughts:

Bushouse said...

Other people read this and you shouldn't identify people in your blogs, definitely not in the light you have here.

Ryan and Kim said...

How scary!

Jen said...

Yeah, I've been there... As the driver that is... But of course, I stuck around for the ambulance and was going the speed limit (at least I think so... My spedometer was broken on that car...)