July 6, 2008

Back Home Sweet Home

Well we made it back home to Indy. I am so glad to be home. I loved being able to spend the time with the in-laws. However coming home just has that ahh feeling. The preview of our week of vacation.

Friday we arrived late to STL with open arms from Grandma & Grandpa S.

Saturday was an early morning headed north to Eolia for fireworks display set-up. We ended up just taking the dogs and the grandparents took the kids to a birthday party. They had a really good time there. Then they brought the kids to the Talley BBQ. The free time away from the kids was appreciated since we had brought the dogs and since B was extremely busy with the fireworks I was incharge of the dogs and if I had the kids it would have been a very very crazy time for me. The BBQ was AWESOME as always.

Sunday we had a very relaxing morning just chilling after waking up. We were going to go Fishing but just didn't get the opportunity to do it which is fine. We did enjoy the extra time with Sam & Susan and with all the other Talley's.

Monday we were asked to take Sam & Susan to the airport in the morning so we ended up going to breakfast with them and then take them to the airport. Unfortunately during breakfast Zach got sick and once arriving at the airport Zach was nice enough to wait until Susan got out of the seat next to him before he lost it again. So our trip to the arch was cut short since we didn't want to take a sick kid anywere. So instead of the arch it was back to Gma & Gpa's house to wash his car seat the car seat as well as himself. Gave him a bath and put him down for a nap. He slept for about 4-5 hours. Then woke up and was hungry so he had slept his ailment off. So we ended up going to the bowling alley in St. Peters. That was a really nice place too. I have to ask Bryan what that place was called. I can't remember it. Brunswick Zone that's the name of it Thanks Hunny.

Tuesday was the day we went to the Arch the weather was wonderful. We parked at the Hanley station for the metro link rode that downtown and got off at the correct station. McCayla loved it she said she likes the metro link better than the school bus. Go figure, Right? We got to see the Mississippi up close and personal this day. I took pictures but will post them up later. The arch was fun, crowded too. but we had our own little (yes little) car up to the top. The ride was short but long at the same time since Zach was getting restless wanting to walk around and then picking up every little piece of trash in the car. We arrive at the top and both Zach and McCayla, mostly McCayla more than Zach, was surprised at how far we were up in the air and how tiny everything looked on the ground. After awhile up at the top we went back down and then let the kids run around on the grass under the arch. Zach was having a ball. Then we went home to relax. Relaxed for dinner then went to see Kung Fu Panda. This was a very funny movie great for the kids. Zach stayed home with Gma & Gpa. So McCayla really liked it if you asked her what her favorite part of the movie was she would tell you when the leopard and the panda were fighting / falling down the stairs and the panda sat on the leopards face and smooshed it. or the very end with the finger hold and the spaloosh of the pinky. We decided to call it an evening after the movie since Wednesday was our big day.

Wednesday was the day we went to Six Flags. I told McCayla she had to ride the Mine Train for it was a minor roller coaster that all kids start out on. She was very scared to do it since she is my little chicken. But she toughened up and rode it. But before she rode that she was dragged onto the new Tony Hawks roller coaster. Bryan and I took her on it and it was funny watching her in line. She was a little hesitant at first. She wasn't sure if it was going to fast for her or not. So after the line brought us to the entrance we got on the ride and we were off. She was being tossed around like a rag doll and she didn't like it. We kept telling her to put her head back and force it back so she wouldn't be tossed around. But by the time we told her that the ride was over. She throughly enjoyed the "kiddie" area as well as the Log Flume the only water ride we rode that day. Bryan & I rode the Evil Kenevil ride which was pretty cool. I rode with my Mother -in-law the Superman ride. It's a very short ride but a very very long line. This one is just a mere parachute drop if you will from a very tall pole. You are sitting in this chair and are brought to the top then you drop. It's not a bad fall your stomach isn't forced into your mouth by any means. I totally physched myself out over it. I would do it again since I know what to expect. yes you do leave you seat and float but again you are strapped in by shoulder harnesses and a then that's held down by a seat belt latched. It's very similar to the Tower of Terror at Disney but your not inclosed like the Tower. Oh one thing while we were waiting in line I was noticing storm clouds forming over head and was getting nervous about the storm and when it was going to "hit". Superman tower is the tallest point at the park so sitting at the top of this I was just hoping that nothing would strike us. But we survived and no sooner did we get off and meet up with the rest of the group did a lightening bolt shoot right across the sky it hit so close that there was no delay in the flash and the crack. So Diane and I were very thankful to be on solid ground when that happened. hmm what else. My sister and I rode the "Joker" which was the Buchaneer boat oh so many years ago. While on that we discussed on how the park has physically gone down hill. We remembered all the flowers everywhere. You see we used to work there in 95 & 96 and part of 97. The ninja diffinately has gone down hill it used to be on a red track now it's like the paint has faded and come off and it's pretty much bare metal that was painted an ugly color. The main thing was dispite the apperance of the park we did have a wonderful day. We got stuck in the ice cream shop while waiting on a storm to go through and when the storm left we did too. The lines weren't bad at all. Does anyone remember waiting in line for 2 - 4 hours for Batman ride? Well not anymore. As Diane and Mike both said it took longer to walk through the path for the ride than it was to wait in line. They practically just walked right onto the ride and were on it. That is how the lines were all day. Screaming Eagle not a long line, Evil Kenevil, hardly any line, Tony Hawks line was pretty much the longest line we had all day long. So A wednesday was a very good day to go to Six Flags. Plus they are haveing it where everyone gets in at kids price.

Thursday was Lunch with Suzy, then we were going to go to grants farm but we decided not too since we would get there and it would be too late to do anything. So we stayed around the house and played with Grandma went out to dinner came back home and then went to play putt putt with Gma & Gpa. I drove some golf balls for the first time in my life. I really like that. I was proud of myself I hit it further than I thought I would have drove it. Even McCayla did really good too. However, Bryan and his Dad did the best. I never knew that Bryan had done this before. He was hitting the ball way past the 150 yard mark. I think I know for sure well past the 100 yard mark. then we went back home and went to bed.

Friday we went to the City Museum. That was very fun. We got to all act like big kids. Bryan and I climbed through wire holes pretty much and over and through airplane belly's all while way up in the air. It was fun! we went down a 3 story slide not once but twice. I took Zach down a shorter slide and he really liked it as well. Around 5 or 6 we decided we had enough and it was time to be getting back home. We (Bryan & I) were going to go pick Sam and Susan up at the airport at what was supposed to be 8 pm but ended up being 10 pm cuz of a 2 hour delay. That was okay though we ended up leaving the kids with the Grandparents and had an Adult night out with everyone. We waited for The Talley's at Joe's Crab shack with the Windles, The binnings, Miss Talley and then we all meet up again at Ameriastar. We were all without kids and it was great. We ended up staying out till way past 2 am and we haven't done that in years. Bryan and I pretty much only lost Drink money so that worked out really well. I was proud of myself I played on $10 all night long and was excited. I found my Texas Tea game at the end and didn't do very well on it but that's okay Since I was up in the beginning I didn't mind walking out of there with the originally 10 I started with.

Saturday was the day we were coming home. We slept in a little bit, went to the local fireworks tents to see if any of them were going to have any after the 4th specials none but one did and it wasn't a very good special. Buy one get one. So the guys got a few for next years show with all the generous donations that they got at the party. A HUGE THANKS FOR ALL THOSE THAT DONATED!! The tradition can go on!!! Then we packed up the car with all the luggage, fireworks, dogs (which we found out they shredded, yes Shredded 2 golf yes golf balls. How they did it we have no idea. I'm glad they are my dogs and not complete stranger dogs. I wouldn't want to have those jaws chomp down on my arms.) We were on our way to Bryan's 2nd or 3rd cousins high School Graduation. Congrats To Ben Lueken for going to KC and joining the Jay Hawks next year. Good Luck!! While at this party for no more than 1 hour the dogs had torn down the gate we have in the truck to keep them in the very back and so the wouldn't jump and walk all over the kids well they ended up shredding Zach's pillow case and put a hole in his pillow. Luckily it isn't big enough that stuffing is coming out of it. But not only did they do this they put a hole in a soda can, popped open a little bag of chips and smashed chips all over the kids seats. The only saving grace was the fact that we were going to stop off at my sisters house and deliver some things and pick some things up. So we were able to use their shop vac to clean up some. B was furious with the dogs as was I. We are so ready for the days of old age or we are going to get rid of them which ever comes first. B was to the point of just leaving them in STL city limits and driving away. But we have them at home and they have been punished greatly.
WE got home in time to shoot off "Bryan's Baby" with the kids watching. Zach was tired again so he of course didn't like the loud noises but did like the pretty lights up in the sky.

Today felt like a Saturday to us and yet we knew that it wasn't and tomorrow is the start of the old routine UGH!@. But I will say that I'm really glad to be home and able to relax after a long busy busy week.

1 Thoughts:

SJT said...

Glad you had a great week! Hope it wasn't too much of a bummer to get up this morning.