Let me first start off and say thank you to all of you who will keep us in their thoughts and prayers as we go through this crash course in Diabetes.
After the doctors appointment on Friday we needed to go to the grocery store to get the normal groceries, nomally we get the same stuff everytime, however this trip was totally different. We went up and down the isles just looking at some of the stuff we normally get Oatmeal, Fruit bars (Breakfast items) and the same thing on Bread. However this trip was completely different. We walked the isles like normal but stopped and stared at the food we were all depressed we couldn't get the normal foods because they either had too many carbs and or sugar. It was a complete helpless feeling we couldn't figure out what to have for dinner nor what to feed McCayla. We did end up buying stuff but what I couldn't even tell you. I was walking around in a complete daze.
By day the next day this new found information had sank in a little more, we went and did the normal activities hair cuts for the kids (which McCayla donated her hair to Locks of Love she had 11 - 12 inches cut off!) Before
After the doctors appointment on Friday we needed to go to the grocery store to get the normal groceries, nomally we get the same stuff everytime, however this trip was totally different. We went up and down the isles just looking at some of the stuff we normally get Oatmeal, Fruit bars (Breakfast items) and the same thing on Bread. However this trip was completely different. We walked the isles like normal but stopped and stared at the food we were all depressed we couldn't get the normal foods because they either had too many carbs and or sugar. It was a complete helpless feeling we couldn't figure out what to have for dinner nor what to feed McCayla. We did end up buying stuff but what I couldn't even tell you. I was walking around in a complete daze.
By day the next day this new found information had sank in a little more, we went and did the normal activities hair cuts for the kids (which McCayla donated her hair to Locks of Love she had 11 - 12 inches cut off!) Before

Her New hairstyle looks absolutely adorable on her; no more tangles for her to scream about. I'll post a picture of her on here tonight. AFTER


Oh another thing about McCayla donating her hair her hair cut was FREE, she should get a thank you from the organization in the mail too! Zach is awesome during his haircuts he just sits there and is very content, it's great. The stylists were just amazed that an 17 month old would just sit like he did. After the haircuts we went and received a Free carwash and Oil change for the Suburban (this Bryan won on a radio contest). So we went searching for other things that we could get for Free or close to free. We went into JoAnns Frabrics and went and looked at the paint that I need for the Glass Block Lights that I make and they were like 50% off so we stocked up on all the colors, I have a Tigger, John Deer Tractor and Lighthouse one that are in the works that my dad sold to some ladies that he works with. So a little side job.
By this time it was lunch time so instead of our normal thing of just grabbing a bite to eat out we went home and made Turkey Sandwiches and Bologna Sandwiches for us to enjoy at home which was cheaper then eating out but not only that it was healthier for McCayla. We have been trying to help her as well as us understand how much she can eat as far as carbs and sugar go. Then after lunch I wanted to have the hanging baskets that we bought hung up, (they are still empty but at least they are up). We also installed the Solar lights that we got for christmas (thanks mom and dad S.) as well as some that Bryan say at Sam's that were marked down to like $5. So we have out landscape all lite up now. (I'll take a picture of this to show all once they have been fully charged).
Sunday it was my turn to get a haircut / style too.
BEFORE
By this time it was lunch time so instead of our normal thing of just grabbing a bite to eat out we went home and made Turkey Sandwiches and Bologna Sandwiches for us to enjoy at home which was cheaper then eating out but not only that it was healthier for McCayla. We have been trying to help her as well as us understand how much she can eat as far as carbs and sugar go. Then after lunch I wanted to have the hanging baskets that we bought hung up, (they are still empty but at least they are up). We also installed the Solar lights that we got for christmas (thanks mom and dad S.) as well as some that Bryan say at Sam's that were marked down to like $5. So we have out landscape all lite up now. (I'll take a picture of this to show all once they have been fully charged).
Sunday it was my turn to get a haircut / style too.
BEFORESo at 10 I went and had something that I never ever would have thought to have done, done to my hair.
AFTER Back side
AFTER Back side
I'm back to my natural dark / light brown hair with Bleach Blonde streaks. Bryan likes it very much and I really like it too. I also have short hair now too. A before and after picture to come soon. Since I'm at work I don't have the camera so I couldn't put one up. We also went fishing on Sunday, no bites though, but it was wonderful to be outside again in the awesome weather we have been having. After that I took McCayla to the Library, look our Grandma S she will want to read the 4 books that she got to you. hehe! I also picked up a book from The American Diabetes Association to learn all that I could learn about this disease. After the library I watched her do her jumprope for about an hour and just sat there thinking how could she have this disease she looks and acts so happy and healthy.






7 Thoughts:
So sorry to hear of McCayla's diagnosis. We will be praying for her and for your family's time of adjustment.
Sorry to hear about McCayla's diagnosis. I hope that you all make the adjustment.
On another note, for snacks, have you tried edamae? They are soybeans, and you can get them in the freezer section. My daughter eats them like popcorn with a sprinkle of salt and parmesean cheese.
If you don't already, try to find a Whole Foods or other supermarket with a big organic base, they will have a lot of reduced sugar goodies, and often have a nutritionist on staff to help.
Wow! What a big difference for McCayla with her hair! She looks so cute with short hair! Was she nervous at all about the haircut? Is she going to grow it out again to donate or leave it short?
Everyone looks so beautiful/handsome (i'm sure bryan would have a problem if i called his boy beautiful) Hope you all are doing better this week. :)
I'm so sorry to hear about he diagnosis. I'm sure McCayla will adapt to the changes well. Just keep a positive outlook. Something good comes from every bad! And I can't believe how different she looks with her new "do!"
Love McCayla's new haircut! It's very short and cute! I'd love to see more pics of her new hair!!!
You guys lok like you hagve the same haircut, very cute!
Post a Comment