January 21, 2008

Weekend Plans (unexpected)

Well we were going to have a very relaxing weekend, nothing planned at all except maybe clean the house up from christmas decorations and do laundry. Well those plans changed when B was vacuming the dog fur off the kitchen floor and moved the dog beds (as most of you know that buddy had put a hole in our kitchen wall from his bed (he likes to flip his bed unsure why, but that problem has been fixed) so needless to say the hole has been there for about 2 years. ) Bryan decided Saturday morning that we were going to fix the walls. So we went to Menards (like Home Depot or Lowes, just cheaper) and picked up some 1/2" 4'x4' sheets of drywall, compound, sandpaper, and all the other junk that you need to fix drywall. So we went home and went to work. With Zach and McCayla playing in the living room Bryan and I take our trusty hammers and start Demolition of wall "A" we get that all done and are ready to put in the "new" wall buy Saturday night we had our Breakfast room back to "normal" kindof. Sunday we wake up and porceed to demolish wall "B" and by dinner time Sunday night wall "B" is up and ready for the stupid texture junk to go on. So we will be painting the walls tonight but night have to paint the whole breakfast room due to the fact the original paint has faded and gotten dirty from the dogs. UGH!!! But needless to say the job is almost done and I'm grateful for it. Just painting left I can handle that no more holes in the walls YEAH!!!! But that is what our weekend was like.

2 Thoughts:

SJT said...

Wow you guys were busy bees! I bet it will feel good to have it finished!

Jen said...

Ah, the joys of home ownership. I'm sorry I haven't called. Is it too late to order cookies? If not, put me down for three boxes of thin mints. I'll call you tomorrow.