Okay so I've lacked in posting this week. Well unfortunately because my whole family okay just half of it has been sick. But let me tell you about McCayla's party first. Well she had 2 boys from her class show up and 1 girl and then of course her best friend (next door neighbor girl). We played pin the tail on the donkey, had the house filled with balloons, played bingo and danced to kidz music. It was really fun. Grandpa & Grandma S, Grandpa & Grandma B & Uncle Mikey was also there too. It was scheduled to snow all that day so I was a little worried about the snow causing parents to freak out and not bring the kids. But a few showed up and it was wonderful for her She had a blast!! She received a few outfits, a new board game, Oh I think the most important gift on her mind this season She got the Jump Rope that she has been asking for for months. By the way she really impressed us (B & I) on her jump rope ability. She's really good. Which surprised me and I think Bryan too. We didn't know that she really truely knew how to jump rope. She can go forwards, Backwards and even criss cross her hands, She can go slow, both feet together and skipping her feet too. I'm amazed. But she can't ride a bike just quite yet without training wheels (maybe this summer). Hmm what else has gone on.
Oh yeah about the family being sick. McCayla became sick on Monday morning and Bryan was sick all weekend long. But his sickness was different then her's. First McCayla woke up throwing up. YUCK! so I couldn't go to work for that. She proceeded to stay in bed all day long and managed to eat some cheerios that afternoon. (she actually lucked out for the fact due to the snow; which we received 10.5 inches; school was cancelled.) She was feeling much better by Tuesday she did go to school that day. However I didn't make it to work on Tuesday either.
Bryan now here is a confusing illness. He has been sick since about last Friday. He was complaining about being cold and not staying warm, and also having a headache. Friday he took some asprin and the headache was gone and he would feel fine. Then the same thing on Saturday too. But when sunday came around he was pretty much in a coma state. He layed on the couch and would cat nap. He tried to go out and shovel the driveway so his parents could leave on Sunday but he went out in his carharts and came back in dripping with sweat. I was like 20 degrees outside that day. So after that he came in layed on the couch in his carharts with a coat on and under a blanket by the heater vent still being cold. I took his temperature. But nothing out landishly high actually it was normal. So he tried to go to work on Sunday night at his normal 8:30 time but ended up coming home at 10:30 sicker then a dog. Monday he layed around in bed and then on the couch all day ( he was walking around like a very old person with a cane) Any time he moved he grunted with pain. He complained about aches all over but nowhere particular. I did take his temperature regularly on Monday and nothing out of place on it. Then come monday night I took it again. (McCayla was much better by this time she was running around the house). Then his temperature jumped to 104 degrees. Needless to say I was getting worried about him. So I called this number his health insurance gave us. We can speak to nurses and they would tell us what to do as far as Emergency or non emergency needs (make a doctors appointment or not and go to the emergency room) Oh I forgot to mention I had made a Dr's appointment for Tuesday for him. But after his conversation with that nurse sent us to the ER on Monday night (thank goodness for great neighbors, they watched the kids while we sat there for about 3 hours) needless to say they came up empty and told us to keep the Dr's appointment on Tuesday.
We woke up on Tuesday and B was the same no changes (of course) so we went to the Doctor and he came up empty too but gave B a hugh dose of some antibody. Then he got another one on Wednesday as well. I went to work for the first time on Wednesday was feeling fine. I made it through the day without a phone call from B and was grateful to get back to the norm. However, I got back home and there was no change from B. So I made a nice dinner and feed him a little good food to give him his energy back. But no luck on that. He woke up on Thursday with no change but I needed to get back to work since I missed two days already. I got to my parents house and wasn't feeling all that well but I thought that I was hungry so I got to work and was actually feeling worse. I made it for an hour and then I lost my cookies. So needless to say I did get sick YUCK!! So this week has been a very bad week for health in my family. But it's now Saturday, I'm feeling better and have a little energy, Bryan is feeling a little better too but still not 100% still weak, McCayla is feeling normal and Zach hasn't gotten sick at all YEAH!!! So I hope that we can make it through this holiday without any more issues. But that is the whole week in a nutshell. Have a wonderful and save holiday with everyones family and friends.
December 19, 2007
After party Information
From Bryan / Pamela at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 Thoughts:
Wowsers! Sounds like a crazy week! I'm glad things are almost back to normal, hopefully everyone will feel 100% by Christmas. We'll be thinking about you.
Post a Comment