September 4, 2007

What Happened over Labor Day Weekend??

Well on friday Bryan and I talked about putting tile up in the kitchen (actually I said I would like to) over the wall that Buddy (our dog) has destroyed. I thought Ceramic tile would add some character and color to our boring Breakfast room. I found the tile that we both really like I brought samples home to show Bryan. But his thought process is if we are going to do it then we should also do the floor too. The whole kitchen! YIKES! But the only thing that is preventing us from doing it is the fact that it's going to be a costly adventure. So needless to say there is a big hold on that project.
Saturday we went fishing (we've become advide fisher people), except the pond that we normally go to was being used as a wedding spot. Yeah crazy as it sounds someone was actually holding there wedding at a fishing pond. Ok so it's not just a fishing pond but it's like a State park type thing too. It's called Camp Ross. So needless to say we didn't go fishing neither Bryan nor myself felt comfortable fishing while a wedding ceremony was going on. We didn't think us calling out "I caught one" or "Man this one is fighting really bad" would be appropriate for the wedding party. So we left and then found a boat ramp to the Wabash river that we tried fishing on too. McCayla was doing ok but to tell you the truth it was real difficult having Zach in his stroller on a rocky shore and step hill too. So I didn't get any casting in for I was holding on to Zach's stroller and making sure McCayla wasn't getting her line tangled in the trees behind us. So we were there for about 10 minutes and decided to call it a day. We got back to the Lafayette area had lunch and our friends called and asked us what we were doing and they said that they would go fishing with us when they got off of work. So we decided to go and get our fishing licenses and not break the law by fishing at public access ponds and or lakes. So we did that and went home waited until they got off of work and went to a different spot. This spot wasn't as well maintained as the "wedding pond" I say this because there wasn't much of a shore where you could stand and not be in weeds. The kids didn't do much fishing here they just ran around so Christi and I took the kids to the playground while the guys fished. We left at sunset and then went back to there house and watched a movie and then left to go home.
Sunday we woke up to go fishing again, this time at the pond we were familiar with "wedding pond" No wedding this time. So we were there for a good 4 hours. Bryan caught some blue gil and Joe the little 4 year old boy caught his first fish a pretty, big Large Mouth Bass, if I had to guess I would say it was a good 8 pounder for him. Scott (our neighbor friend) caught some good fish too Plus he caught not one but two Snapping Turtles, the first one was such an adventure on taking the hook out of it's mouth (which we really couldn't do), it took Scott keeping the line tight, me holding the turtle down and a stick in it's mouth and Bryan trying to take the hook out with Pliers. IF you know how mean snapping turtles are you could understand how impossible it was to get the hook out with out really doing some damage to the turtles' tongue. So we tried for a good 30 minutes and with out any success we had to cut the line as close to the hook top and leave the hook. I looked in the turtle's mouth to make sure that there wasn't going to be any problems with it eating or breathing. Which there wasn't the hook was small enough for it to shut it's mouth and it was able to swallow any food it needed to. The second turtle that he caught was a little bit luckier, it didn't make if off the shore before it let go of the line and the line ended up hitting Scott in the forehead He's lucky on the fact that the hook didn't get him, just the weights on his line kicked back and almost knocked him out. HEHE that was pretty funny seeing. He was on the other side of the pond and Christi and I were sitting there talking and we see him and we both thought that the line broke until he bent over in pain. Then he tells us that the hook just bent.
After fishing we had a wonderful Potato soup that Christi made. then Bryan had to work and so McCayla played a little longer with Grace while I put Zach to bed and said good bye to B, Then it was her turn to go to bed and then Mine. That sun really makes you tired.
Monday we didn't really do anything exciting. B slept and I took the kids and went to Mom & Dad's & helped give the dogs baths and clean up there beds. then came home and Spent some time with B before he had to go to work again. But that was my wonderful weekend. I wish I had a way to get a video off my phone and put it on here but I don't but it's a cute video of Zach acting like he's on a roller coaster (hands up in the air, A/C blowing his hair, & he's giggling) It was the cutest. Well that's it for now I guess I better get back to work since it is 2 pm.

0 Thoughts: