July 30, 2007

The fast weekend.

Well Friday is when we had Sam and Susan, Jen, Jen and Matt all show up to our house. It was wonderful to see all of you and be able to share my house with you as well. I thought since you all have that one weekend a month for a dinner party Bryan and I don't have to be excluded in that either. Granted I know that it's a long drive just for a dinner party on a night but if you all made it a weekend event and come and stay for a weekend (granted I know that it's hard to take the time off of work to do this) but just think we would be able to join in. Sorry off track a little bit.

Back to the blog entry.

Friday we all pretty much stayed up real late (as usual) until after 1 a.m. talking and drinking. McCayla even stayed up real late with her friend Grace who spent the night. I went to check on the about Midnight and they were still up watching TV and playing. Then when I went to bed at 1 they were fast asleep. Then on Saturday morning I had to wake up early to take Grace back home by 7:30 so her mom could go to work. Then everyone started to wake up slowly and then the shower process went on. We left the house to go and pick up Mikey around Noon, after picking up Mikey we ate lunch and then headed down to the track to see all the little stands on the outside of the track. As Jen Binning put it "It's like a Redneck Marde Grae Party" Which is so true!!! We left there oh about 6 or so and headed home. We waited for the guys to arrive home (guys took one car and us Women took the Suburban). When they got home Bryan started the BBQ. We ate real late (which I hate doing) but it was wonderful we had BBQ pork steaks, Baked potato salad and cottage cheese. Yum Yum. Then we stayed up late again talking But I don't think the wifes stayed as late as before. Because I knew that Bryan wanted to wake up early early so head down to the track and hit the tents inside the track before the race.

Saturday:

Well that didn't happen though. Bryan and I were up with the kids and then slowly again people started to wake up. We left the house around 8:30 or so and didn't get to the track until 10:30 or so. But honestly it was a good day no clouds in the sky, not to hot mid 80's and the crowd wasn't to bad (well okay maybe it was but for those of you from Francis Howell just imagine the walkway from the C - A building that little spot in the C Building where all the Seniors met up between Classes. How crowded it was. That's how it was at times. It was funny we just reverted back to High School on the brain and we walked and made it through the crowd very easily. But we all had a great time (I think) We had really great seats right accross from Pit row (the part of the track where the cars come in for gas and tire changes). The pit that was accross from us was not the driver all the guys were wanting to win (Matt Kenseth # 17) but it was the actual winner of the race Tony Stewart # 20. (I would like to thank Nascar.com for the use of this photo)
It was a close race at the end but the race couldn't really get started to a good start until about lap 90 or so. The reason was due to all the caution flags (wrecks) that were going on. It was like the couldn't do 5 laps without a wreck happening.

2 Thoughts:

Ryan and Kim said...

lol that photo was cool. wish we were there too!

Lynn and Mike said...

Matt B. was telling me all about your weekend! How much fun you must have had!

We'd LOVE to have you join our monthly dinner party! It's not a weekendbut NEXT Tuesday (Aug. 7) I'm having dinner for the gang, so we can all see Sam and wish him well. If you wanted to take off work, you're ALWAYS welcome here. (It sounds like Kim and Ryan may be in town?) Otherwise, we're having people again for the rotating dinner in December. :-)