Bryan and I have decided after long decussion that my parents are not going to be watching the kids anymore. We talked about getting a babysitter or putting them into daycare. But that is just way to expensive to do that. So Bryan will be watching them and napping when Zach is napping. This has come about after a big inconvenience for my parents. They were complaining about not being able to be grandparents since they saw the kids Mon - Fri. So we have made the decision for them. It all started when my mom tells me Monday morning (when I'm dropping the kids off) that she couldn't watch the kids today (Tuesday) cuz dad had the day off and they needed to go out and do some things and didn't want to have to change diapers while they were out. So okay I went to work knowning that 2 of the ladies I work with have old enough girls. They unfortunately couldn't do it on such short notice. So I was thinking about calling our neighbors babysitter. But my big thing was the short notice of the day off. If she would have told me on Thursday I would have had the whole weekend to look for someone to watch the kids or at least be a little more prepared for it. But she claims that she didn't know my dad's work schedule (which is totally wrong he knows his schedule 3 weeks out). So when I went to pick up the kids on Monday night I thanked her for the short notice and her response to that was "If your husband would take some perrogitive with the kids, He can stay up 24 hours when he wants to but can't do it for the kids" Well that just blew my top. I left without saying a word. I got home and talked to Bryan about this situation and we made the decision about not getting a babysitter and he would stay up and watch the kids. So they could have their lives back and if they wanted to see their grandkids then they could come and visit them. Other then that we were not going to make any effort into visiting them or inconveneicing them on watching the kids.
Okay sorry for the venting on here I know it's supposed to be happy times on here right? Well to better news. Only 3 1/2 more days of work left and then Laura and James come to visit. Then the week after that I get my week split up I have the 4th off and so does Bryan so Fireworks all night long. (The real ones) Then that following weekend we get to visit with friends and family there. See you all soon I will write happy news tommorrow I think.
June 26, 2007
Well a major decision has been made
From Bryan / Pamela at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 Thoughts:
that's a bummer, i'm sorry things didn't work out with the family anymore. i hope it works for bryan to watch so you don't have to spend extra money. where did you find out about taste of homes?
That is a tough decision for sure. Are the kids going there tomorrow or did you decide to start that right away? It will all work out I'm sure even though it sucks right now. I'm thinking about you guys. Can't wait to see you again! :)
So how did the first day away from grandparents go?
Post a Comment