Well we have survied the first weekend where B had to work the friday night and Saturday night. He was completely off on Sunday which was nice but he was so exhausted by 7 pm. He came home from work and asked me if I wanted to go out to eat for Breakfast, I said sure, then after that we went to Wal-Mart to get oil for the cars so he could change them. But instead of changing the oil we ended up returning the trailer to my parents hung out with them for a little while then came home and B was excited (since we bought a post hole digger on clearance) to start on the deck. He went to town on the maticulously laying out the stakes so he knew exactly where each hole needed to be dug. He pulled out the first stake and slammed the PHDigger in the ground. Low and behold, the ground was pretty solid. But he worked for the next 2 hours on one hole and got it to the 18 inch mark. He needs to be at 36 inches. 1/2 way there yeah. He has come to the conclusion though that we need the auger to finish up the remaining holes. He was disappointed in the fact that he wanted the satisfaction on digging the 9 holes by himself and yet he realizes that the PHdigger won't allow him to dig the complete 36" since the handles of the PHdigger would only be 6-12 inches off the ground and he really doesn't want to be bending over that much and the fact that the hole is only about 6 inches wide and to get a good amount of dirt out of the hole he would actually need a 12 inch wide hole to spread the handles open. So this has put a kink in our plans. I think before we go to the expence of renting an auger Mikey had mentioned (which I forgot about) my dad having a different type of Post Hole digger it's actually more like a manual auger that I think B is going to borrow (Just a heads up daddy if your reading this). I'll be posting the pictures I took yesterday of Bryan working hard at the hole.
August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 Thoughts:
wow sounds complicated and time consuming!!!
Didn't you guys get enough after digging the pond??!
Post a Comment