M starts school in just 1 week WOW where has the summer gone??? Another shocking thing is the fact that she will be in 2nd grade!!!!! My baby is growing up way to fast and I don't want to blink anymore and miss every little thing that she does. Well a good thing has finally happened to B, he was just promoted to the overnights teamlead. Although this is a pay increase it's also a different work schedule too. His new schedule will be Mon 0 Fri or Tues - Sat. This is an every other week schedule. So I'm not sure how many trips we will be making to MO in the future since we won't have that Friday to leave. But as B said he could always request off the Fri so we could make the trip out to visit everyone. Another change in this new position would be the fact that we would have to work out a new schedule with the kids. I have to leave the house no later than 7am but B won't get off of work until 7am. M bus doesn't pick her up until 8 ish in the morning or earlier not sure yet. But that leave her having to be home alone for about 15 minutes. Bryan and I both agree that she is too young to stay by herself for the 15 minutes it take B to get home so now we have to look into a morning day care for her that would take her to school and then she would ride the bus home. But after having the kids gone last week I realized that I could; without any stops at my parents house; go a whole week on one tank of gas, for those of you that didn't know I would normally have to fill my tank up every other day. So like this week I had to fill my tank up on Monday morning and will have to fill it up again either in the morning or tomorrow night to make it the remaining of the week. So that 50+ / fill up. YUCK!!! I know your asking then why don't I just find another job? Well as Mike & Matt knows it's that easy. I have been with this company for so long that I forsee a partnership in my future here which would mean more $$$$$ that's always a plus!!!! So B & I have talked about just putting Z & M in a day care, however my concern is what type of discipline would a day care have. I mean you saw what Z is capable of doing, (he hit Jen, granted she thought it was pretty entertaining as did everyone else, and it was but I don't want him to hall off and hit another kid so I won't tolerate it.) So this is a concern of mine. I hope that they still do a time out for this behavior. Oh well I guess if we decide to do a daycare for Z then those are bridges we will have to cross when they arrive.
August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 Thoughts:
Congrats Bryan on your promotion! That is very exciting!
As far as day care and discipline, most places let you go and observe before you enroll your child. You can ask about how they handle situations when kids hit each other. I think Zach would love to be around other kids his age and it would definitely be good to spend less money on gas!
Ditto! And you might end up spending about the same amount of money trading gas for daycare... I'm sure that trained child care providers are quiet ept at handling those situations, so don't worry...
Post a Comment