Tonight I sit in bed awaiting the mind to settle. The thoughts that are going through my head have to do with our son. He is not acclimating to the weather change from cool and cold to Hot and hotter. He has been sleeping with his bedroom fan on but still wakes up in the morning feeling very very hot. I took his temperature this morning and according to one thermometer that reads the temperature from his forehead he was normal. 98.? but when I did his ear temperature (both sides) he was 102.5. So I'm a little concerned about him. He hasn't been very active at all and this concerns me. He drinks his milk but doesn't want to eat anything. Normally he's a porker. He played with his cheerios this morning, did eat his apple sauce for lunch but didn't want to eat his Lunchables Jr. (which he gobbles those down and still wants more usually) and tonight he didn't want or eat any of his hamburger (again very unusual) or the piece of bread that I gave him. I can hear him on the monitor as I type this and he's not getting a very sound sleep, he keeps grunting. I'm keeping the windows open and his fan on to help keep him cool but I just went and checked on him and his room isn't the coolest even this his window open. So I'm not sure what to do. My parents did tell me that after I left him this morning and he had sat in front of their fan to cool off he was running around like nothing was the matter. So I'm not sure what to think. When I went in to check on him I did my normal kiss his forehead; which he sleeps through but he opened his eyes once I touched him. So I know that he's uncomfortable. I'm curious to find out if this is just cuz we are showing the worried emotion to him unconsciously or is he cutting a tooth and this is the effect of it. He has his moments of acting totally normal (like on the car ride home tonight, we were jamming to NSYNC (yah I know how pathetic right, but we had already listened to Hannah Montana for 2 days straight and I just couldn't bare to listen to it again. Besides Joey from NSYNC was on an episode of Hannah Montana once.) regardless back to the subject at hand. He was bouncing to it and jamming to it with us. So I'm not sure I guess I'll take his temperature again tomorrow and see what Bryan wants to do. We both agree that we don't want to truly have to take him to a doctor to find out that nothings physically wrong with him and it's really our imaginations.
Wow, totally different subject, the curtains in my room are blowing like crazy I wonder if a storm is coming and I should shut my windows. Yuppers according to the weather on TV we will be having rain tonight so I must go and close the windows. UGH i don't want too. But after checking weather.com the storm is in Kansas City, KS & MO. So we won't have rain until 4pm on Friday. So I will pray that they are correct and leave them open.
The other thing that puzzles me is how would I react if my 16 year old daughter came to me and tell me that she was pregnant and due in August (equalling that she was already 7 months pregnant.) This was not a random question that popped into my head but Bryan and I were on the front porch this evening and the neighbor girl who's 16 had that bulge on her tummy and I turn to B and say does she look Prego? he said I don't know then she turned sideways and he turned to me and said yup she is. Before these questions where asked she waved hi to us and said that she had something to show us in a sec. I said okay, So after a little while she comes over with a friend, Mind you we really don't talk to the kids very often, with ultrasound in hand she shows it to me and all I could say was congrats. I'm not her mom just a neighbor. So I couldn't judge her even though I have just by what I've seen of her in the past. I un-judged her tonight though. Yes she's not sure of 2 boys on which one is the father but that's not the point on this changed outlook on her. She told me that her dad wanted her to either have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption, he even offered her money to do this (again this is her telling me this, on how true it is I'm not sure). It was her answer that totally gave me the 180 on the outlook. She said NO it's a sin to have and abortion and I would have to live with that for the rest of my life. Not knowing she couldn't live with that either. So I ended up talking to her for a good 30-45 minutes about her baby, ( by this time her mom came over and we were all talking too.) our neighbors. It felt good talking to her. She also mentioned that she wanted to verbally and send me an invitation to her baby shower. So I'm not quite sure how to handle that. I guess I'll wait til I get the written invitation before I truly decide. But I think I wrote enough on this matter. But it's after midnight and I better get some sleep.
June 5, 2008
Pondering Thoughts
From Bryan / Pamela at 11:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 Thoughts:
I hope Zach is not really sick and that it is just teeth!
Post a Comment